Friday, March 7, 2014

Those That Laugh, Lasts

**Love this song!**


“The next time you are tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead.”   

Mosiah 2:41 “And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.”
 

Hello from room E853! Yes, I am still up at LDS Hospital. It has been 3 and half weeks now and I am LOVING it. J I am still fighting Graft vs. host disease (GVHD) and it is going very slow. Graft vs. host disease is one of the major complications associated with my transplant. This is a reaction between Ebbie’s stem cells and my body tissues. As a result, I developed an awful rash and the GVHD settled in my GI tract creating horrible ulcers. As of right now, we are in a waiting game. I get the opportunity to practice patience.:)  I’ve also really have had the opportunity to reflect on happiness and why it is so important in this journey of mine.
        * *Good news today..... I'm finally off of just ice  chips and now can have diluted liquids!!    Watery chicken broth is AWESOME!! **
I have often had people ask me how I can stay so positive as we have been going through this trial and I have always answered “because I have to be”. Being happy is truly a choice. It is a conscious choice for me every single day. I am definitely human and I can fall into self pity at any given moment…. But I choose not to. What does it help? Who does it help? No one wants to be around a crab-butt. But truly I do have to make a conscious effort to remember to smile. I definitely think it is important to remember not to mask or suppress the hardships and feeling I may be facing, but I also know that ruminating on these fears will only bring doubt and hardships.  Doubt and fears undermine my faith in my Heavenly Father.
So, I choose to be happy. I actually have been studying a lot about happiness this week and why it brings so much joy into someone’s life, should they choose it. I learned from one of  Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin’s talk that “if we approach adversity wisely, our hardest times will be our greatest growths, which in turn can lead to times of greatest happiness” (Come What May and Love It ,Oct. 2008). We all know that we will feel pain and sorrow sometime in our lives. There are so many people I know right now that are going through their own hardships. I truly believe that if you decide to open your heart to the Lord, ask for his help, and then forget yourself and serve others, your heart will be filled with happiness once again.
I also learned that the Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. “That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in his own way. While it may not come at the  time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundred fold with tears of Rejoicing and Gratitude” (Elder Wirthlin, Oct, 2008).That is such a beautiful promise. But the catch is the word FAITHFUL. He can’t bless you if you are not willing to be obedient and trust in His love.
So the one way I have been trying to stay happy is to think of little things I can do each day to show others around me how much I love and appreciate them. I believe that some of the greatest expressions of love are the simple acts of kindness and caring we extend to those we meet along the paths of our lives. I have been blessed by so many of these people in my life whom I am incredibly grateful for. They have brought me joy and happiness and I am bound and determined to stay happy and to show others how much I love them!
Our Heavenly Father has given each of us a heart that is capable of experiencing the pure love of Christ. This is the trait that I have been working on. Love is the greatest of all commandments and “when we reach out to assist the least of Heavenly Father’s children, we do it unto Him” (Matt. 25:40). And oh... I am so thankful that I know that Heavenly Father loves me along with all my flaws. I am far from perfect and like I stated before, every day is a conscious battle to be happy. But I know that our Heavenly Father will NEVER give up on us!! HE NEVER WILL!!

“And inasmuch as you do these things with thanksgiving, with cheerful hearts and countenances….. the fullness of the earth is yours.” (D&C 58:15-16)
I truly Love you guys and I am so grateful for your prayers and warm wishes towards my family. Miracles happen and remember others who may also need your prayers and help!
Love,
                                                                     Britney Jill

 
 
*****WATCH THIS BEAUTIFUL VIDEO********** 
Come What May and Love It Mormon Message
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Before I even read this I noticed a brightening in you. You are radiating happiness! It takes a tremendous amount of courage to think of others and choose happiness during a difficult time in one's own life. Thank you for being courageous and choosing to be happy! You my sweet Brit, are an example to us all of how we should live. And how we can receive happiness when we love others and think of them before ourselves. I too find great comfort in the promise that all our losses will be made up. I know that is true! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey britzz its your cuz josh I'm layin in bed myself much of which battling to even get up and out of bed with major fatigue lately all the meds either keep me awake or not allow me much enjoyment for the beautiful days. I tend now to like you said enjoy the small things and the smiles I still can pull off and laughs I will always have. Brit I picture you writing this yes YOU. With your cute smiles and laughs along the way. I have some stories of happiness maybe I will share with you soon my cuz. You should become a writer and create a book for others to read as a gift of inspiration and knowing all your going through they to can to.. love you so much brit..so my fast is working huh..lol

    ReplyDelete